Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Permanent Weight Loss


Permanent weight loss requires a permanent lifestyle change.

My list includes the following:
  • ·         Sugar
  • ·         Candy / Chocolate
  • ·         Soda Pop
  • ·         Cheese
  • ·         Sour Cream
  • ·         Whole Milk
  • ·         Fried Foods
  • ·         White Flour Products
  • ·         Egg yolks

My personal weaknesses are for chocolate and cheese. One ounce of cheddar cheese is 113 calories, but 84 of those calories are from fat. Many cheeses made from whole milk are 70-80% fat, which is why pizzas are so greasy. A Hershey’s chocolate bar that weighs 43 grams has 24 grams of sugar, and 13 grams of fat, and out of 210 total calories, 110 of them are from fat. 

I try to follow a vegan diet as much as possible, making the most of fruits, nuts, grains and vegetables at home. When I eat out, I know that I will have to make a few compromises, however I still try to avoid sugar, cheese and fried food as much as I can. 

I have lost 65 pounds this year on my vegan diet, and 10 inches in my waist. I went from a XXL shirt to a medium and from a 42 inch waist to a 32 inch waist pants. The Spa Body Wrap took an additional 2 inches off my belly the first time I tried it, and I look forward to trying it again. 

Right now you may be thinking, “How could I cook a weight loss diet for myself, and still please my family?” I recommend the three pan cooking method. In the largest pan on the stove, put the base dish that doesn’t contain animal products. The base dish could be stir fry vegetables, brown rice, whole grain pasta, or similar items. In smaller pan one, put meat or seafood. In smaller pan two, put vegetarian meat substitutes, tofu, or similar proteins. Combine the meat or seafood with the base dish right on the plate, and your items on your plate. Garnish both meal types with lots of fresh herbs, sauces, salsas, etc. and serve.

Try this dish for dinner this week:

Veggie Fajitas 

One Package of Morning Star Farms Grillers or Chik Patties, defrosted and chopped
One each green and red bell pepper, chopped in strips
One - two large onions, chopped in strips
One garlic clove, finely minced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 corn or flour tortillas

Toppings
Salsa
Chopped tomato
Dairy or vegan cheese
Vegan or dairy sour cream (vegan for you, dairy for your skinny family members)

Directions:

In a large, non-stick frying pan, cook the Morningstar Farms patties with the oil, lime juice and seasonings. Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium high heat, and then add the onions, bell peppers and minced garlic and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.

Heat tortillas in foil in the oven at 350 for 7 minutes, on the stove top on a dry griddle, or in the microwave as desired.  To serve, spoon a portion of the fajitas mix down the center of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings, fold over and serve.

Keywords: weight loss, lose weight, fat loss, fast ways to lose weight, lose inches, vegan, vegetarian, body wrap, diet, weight loss diet, vegan diet, vegan recipes, weight loss recipes

1 comment:

  1. Hallo, Dennis!

    Since we became vegan, I still have a weakness for cheese. Therefore, for the major fest days, I use to buy vegan cheese. But when we go out, we always look for Chinese or Lebanese restaurants, which always have something acceptable for us.

    George
    www.geocolas.be

    ReplyDelete